Environmental Monitoring Programs (EMP) are a key tool used to help protect consumers in the food manufacturing industry. Deibel Bioscience is taking this experience and applying it to the cannabis industry, specifically in cultivation centers and in edibles manufacturing. Sterile sponge or swabs are used to sample areas and tested for micro-organisms of concern such as Aspergillus spp., Salmonella, E.coli O157:H7, Hop Latent Viroid and Listeria. Environmental samples can also be tested for Pesticides and Heavy Metals, which are other key adulterants of concern in cannabis. This is especially useful as you can determine if a pesticide or heavy metal of concern is present by inadvertent use, or by air contaminations from the outside.
Value of Environmental Monitoring Programs:
1. Catch the contaminants before they get into your products, or grow rooms and
2. Verify that the sanitation and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in your facilities are in place and fit for purpose.
Deibel Bioscience offers the following Environmental Monitoring Services:
- Sponge or Swab Sampling by one of our specialists
- Air Settle Plate Sampling
- Water Testing
- Microbial Verification of Sanitation Efficacy
- SOP and Protocol Consulting, Development and Review
- Onsite and virtual training courses
Contact us today to begin environmental monitoring.